Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Loving on University Ave.

I had a free day today so I decided to do something I've been wanting to do since last year (don't ask me why it took me so long). Let me first make this statement: this is not my original idea. I saw this online one day and have been wanting to recreate it ever since.

The poster says, "Love (take all you need)". I drew 1 up, made about 10 copies, parked my car and walked around University Avenue posting them wherever I felt like.

Why do this? Why not? We all need love and although they won't get it from ripping off a tab, it may get them to thinking- which is one of the main purposes of art in the first place.

My version of the concept has a hash tag attached to every tab. It'll be interesting to see if people tweet in response to why they took a tab from the Love poster. #L247

I did meet one guy while I was putting the posters up. He came up to me and said, "So you're the one hanging the posters. Well since you're spreading some love; do you want to pet a bunny?" In his arms he had a little white baby bunny that he let me pet.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment