Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 12: refugees

"A refugee is legally defined as a person who is outside his or her country of nationality and is unable to return due to a well-founded fear of persecution because of his or her race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. By receiving refugee status, individuals are guaranteed protection of their basic human rights, and cannot be forced to return to a country where they fear persecution."

This is my song called, "A Refugee's Plea" that may be able to help you understand what over 15 million people go through everyday.

"Run away. It's not safe here anymore. Runaway my child, we've got to go. We can't stay here another night. We've got to pack our things and flee our home.

My homeland is not my own. My nation is a different place than the one I've known. My country has turned against me. Wisdom and fear are what keep me running. I'm a refugee.

Run away. I can't stand it anymore. Run away. I'm not gonna settle for less. Cause I'm hungry but I'm starving for peace. This camp is not what I left for.

My homeland is not my own. My nation is a different place than the one I've known. My country has turned against me. Wisdom and fear are what keep me running. I'm a refugee.

Thought peace was a fair compromise. Leave to live or stay to die. But I lost my heart when I left that night.

This country is not my home. I long for the place my fathers are from. My nation was beautiful before the war. 'Refugee' is not my nationality or my identity."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment